Road trips can be a lot of fun, but at the same time it can quite stressful as well. The stress really comes from being unplanned and unprepared for the journey. The solution is to have a checklist and a plan. A checklist will eliminate a majority of the stress, expenditure and time experienced during a road trip.
· Budget – A budget is an extremely important part of your road trip. You need to figure out how much you might spend on food, accommodation, entertainment etc. Having this will ensure that you place limits and do not overspend. After all, no one wants to end up feeling broke after having a good time.
· Food – This refers to the food and drinks that you want to carry along in the car. Do not bank on buying things along the way, especially at gas stations, because you will end up spending more. You should also take the least messiest possible products, because little mishaps will always happen and its best to avoid them as much as possible.
· Activities – When travelling with children it is important to keep them occupied when they are awake. Otherwise you run the risk of hearing the incessant “are we there yet?” question. Plan out some fun games and if you have a little TV in your car you can always play some movie or cartoons.
· Medical supplies – Do not forget to take along any medication that is required. You should also pack an emergency medical kit for any cuts, scraps, bruises etc., that you may encounter in your expedition.
· Information – Along with details of the destination you will be visiting, find out what other interesting places you will pass by on your journey. That way you can make time and stop those place and you will also know how much you might have to spend there.